Communicating with your staff is key to connecting with them and making them feel like they are part of the ‘bigger picture’.
According to Torbenrick.eu, there are various ways to communicate with your employees and various areas to make sure you cover with them:
- Communicate clear goals and expectations to your employees – the majority of employees want to be a part of a compelling future, want to know what is most important at work and what excellence looks like. For targets to be meaningful and effective in motivating employees, they must be tied to larger organizational ambitions.
- Share information and numbers – Let them in on what is going on within the company as well as how their jobs contribute to the big picture. When you keep you employees informed they tend to feel a greater sense of worth. Keep communication hopeful and truthful – do not be afraid to share bad news, instead be more strategic about how you deliver it. Improve performance through transparency – by sharing numbers with employees, you can increase employees’ sense of ownership.
- Encourage open communication – you can get insight into what things are important to the employee by using surveys, suggestion boxes and team meetings. Be open-minded and encourage them to express their ideas and perspectives without criticism. This means putting into practice everything you have learned about effective listening. Address their concerns in the best way you can.
- Not communicating or communicating late can damage engagement – hearing about an important update from media, colleagues or family and friends can have a negative impact on employee engagement. Ensure employees hear these messages from the business as soon as possible.
- Actively promote organizational effectiveness, reputation, values and ethics – employees want to feel good about their leaders, where they work, the products they sell and the reputation of their company.
Equipping them for success
When it comes to connecting with your staff, it is always a good thing to ask them what they could use to do their job better. Whether it’s looking at new phone systems to increase client calls getting answered promptly and effectively or new computers to help your employees produce work more efficiently, modern technology essentials are vital in getting your staff working better.
Check out our fun glogster board below to see what generic staff roles could be supplemented with for success. Tech essentials for the modern employee will achieve great results in bringing them closer together and allowing them to work on the go…
Connect with the team
In order to connect with your staff, you may have to indulge in a little team building but while this may seem a bit 90′s kitch, there are invaluable opportunities that come from team building including getting to know your staff and their skills better to solving office tensions or even coming up with off-the-bat ideas.
Here are a few team building event ideas:
- Wilderness walks
- Team building rope walks
- Camping trips
- 2 for 1 meal deals for a Friday lunch out to replace one of your quarterly meetings
With all this in mind you can really get to connecting with your staff and bringing your business closer together. If you have any tips on how to connect with your staff then leave a comment below, tweet us or write on our Facebook wall!